Short pulse femtosecond lasers are being increasingly used in many areas of science and industry as they have significant advantages compared to longer picosecond or even nanosecond pulses.
Especially with regard to material processing, femtosecond pulse allows a significant reduction of the heat affected zone (HAZ) compared to pico- or even nanosecond lasers. Due to the very short pulse duration the coupling of heat to the surrounding matter is very low, which leads to the so called “cold ablation”. Due to the very low thermal damage around the area to be processed, it is possible to process extremely small structures.
In general: The shorter the laser pulses are, the finer the structures which can be processed.
VALO Innovations offers sub 50 fs laser systems leading to a significant benefit for various applications.
- SHG microscopy
- THG microscopy
Time resolved microscopy
- FLIM (Fluorescence Life Time Imaging)
- FRAP (Fluorescence Recovery after Photobleaching)
- FLIP (Fluorescence Loss in Photobleaching)
- STED (Stimulated Emission Depletion)
- Raman spectroscopy
- Coherent Anti Stokes Raman Spectroscopy (CARS)
Micro-/ Nanomaterial processing
- Processing of transparent materials
- Surface processing / structuring
- Micro- / Nano fluidics
- Waveguide writing in transparent materials
- Thin film processing
- Manufacturing of thin film sensors
- Processing of heat sensitive materials (e.g. bioresorbable implant materials)
- 3D lithography
- 2-Photon polymerization
- Pump-probe spectroscopy
- MID IR generation
- THz generation
- Seed laser for amplifier systems